Sooooo looking forward to the Valentines weekend this year!
The Herdman Symposium 2013 – Geoscience Frontiers – will be taking place on 16/2/13 in Liverpool.
There are a great list of speakers planned, and I’m especially psyched to see Dr Ed Llewellin and Prof Paul Wignall’s presentations!
List of Guest Speakers & Titles
- Dr Roger Benson (Oxford) “Dinosaur evolution and Mesozoic faunas as a guide to biodiversity”
- Dr Gareth Collins (Imperial) “Impact: Earth! The hazard and mitigation of asteroid impacts”
- Prof Fergus Gibb (Sheffield) “Nuclear waste: geology has a better answer”
- Prof Cor Langereis (Utrecht) “The past and future of the Mediterranean”
- Dr Ed Llewellin (Durham) “Bubble, bang, burp! Big experiments in volcano physics”
- Prof Paul Wignall (Leeds) “The end-Permian mass extinction and its aftermath: out of the frying pan and into the fire”
The full program can be found here