So, the course materials arrived this week, and I have already put protective covers on my books.
As usual, there are the course books, study guides and obligatory rocks through the post. This time, however, we have to print off our own book marks and numerous other documents. There are several DVDs and also the “usual” list of erratum to be corrected in the course text books.
The first step is the “PREPARATORY MATERIAL AND EXERCISES ON SEDIMENTARY ROCKS AND SUCCESSIONS”
- The components of sedimentary rocks
- Activity P1 Examining hand specimens
- The Digital Rock Atlas multimedia program
- Sedimentary processes and the structures they form
- Activity P2 Features of sedimentary structures
- The Sedimentary Environments Panorama multimedia program: introduction and navigation
- Facies, Walther’s Law and graphic logs
- Activity P3 Constructing a graphic log from field notes
- Sedimentary environments
- Activity P4 Sedimentary environments
- Activity P5 Observations and interpretations on the Home Kit rocks
This is basically to recap on the S260 sedimentary stuff I did in 2009…… hopefully I have not forgotten as much as I think I did!
So, the plan is that I take the work book with me tomorrow to the hospital to keep my mind occupied…. well, should work, right!?!?
Watch this space for my progress….. Sedimentary ROCKS!