The information has finally arrived regarding the Tenerife Trip with the Oxford Geology Group!
The agenda (seriously exciting – Thanks to the Oxford Geology Group Team for the organisation!!) is as follows:
- Arrive in Puerto de La Cruz 🙂
- Teide Fumarolic activity and geology of the main volcanic edifice.
- Geology of Roques de García,
- Basaltic porphyritic “waterfall”
- Azulejos formation (area chemically colored by volcanic gases).
- Minas de San josé (Obsidian blocks and many more volcanic features of the landscape)
- Margarita de Piedra (basaltic disjunction forming a flower shape)
- Lunch at Aguamansa
- A free evening in Puerto de la Cruz.
- Mirador de Ortuño (view of mont teide and Orotava gravity slide valley).
- La crucita (view of historical eruption of volcán de Arafo in a gravity slide valley forming a caldera).
- La tarta (road cut).
- Volcanes de Fasnia (historical basaltic fissure eruption and other volcanoes and features).
- Lunch will be taken at Restarante Bambi.
- National Park Visitor Centre .
- Evening will be spent at Orotava village .
- Garachico volcano (historical basaltic eruption which destroyed the most important seaport of the time).
- Cueva del viento (visit to a volcanic tube).
- Chinyero (soti trekking plus outdoor lunch in the youngest historical eruption of Tenerife).
- Mirador de Garachico (amazing view from a coffee/souvenir shop build on the top of the steep lava flows which lead into the village and the sea).
- Bodegas Monje (winery guided visit).
- Royal Dolphin (4.5 hours in a trip including lunch to see dolphins, whalesand the most amazing cliff of Canary islands. We’ll be able to swim).
- ITER technology park including volcano monitoring laboratory (to be confirmed).
- Montaña pelada (geological spot on a nice beach to be explore by the group).
- Medano village (fisher touristic village with views to volcano Montaña Roja).
- Chinamada & Ruta los sentidos trekking.
- Lunch in Punta del hidalgo (fishing village).
- Cultural activity (traditional party in the streets of La Orotava).
- Return to the UK 🙁
Im sooooooo excited!!!!